I just want to start out with a question… If you aren’t going to listen to me, then why even bother asking me a damn question? These are the stages I go through when someone asks me a question.. then is like “Oh just kidding, I really don’t want to listen to you long enough to actually know what your saying”. I’m paraphrasing because I’m pretty sure this isn’t what they are saying, or maybe it is and I’m the one not listening… I’ll go with the first example, as I like it better.
I go into detail because… Well you cant have enough details. That and I really don’t know when to stop talking! I have always had that problem, even when I was younger. I remember my mom saying “Geeze Gabbie, you know, you don’t have to tell everything you know…”
This weekend I had a lady ask me if a mutual friend of ours had her baby. Now granted this woman is probably in her 60’s but she never listens. So I’m not sure why this bothered me but as I was explaining the details of the girl and her new baby, she started talking to her husband about the birth. And to top it all off, she didn’t listen enough to even get the facts right.
So these are the stages that I go through…
1. Ummmm. Are you serious???
2. OMG!!! You seriously interrupted me, to even get the facts wrong!!
3. WTF lady…..
4. Feel defeated, as I have a family member that is the preacher, so I know not to say anything.
5. Then I shrink back into the hole where I don’t talk to people for a while.
6. Thanks for ruining it lady… Way to go!